Smackdown Live hit a little bit of a slump this week. Hard for a wrestling show to be good when the best part had zero wrestling.
Well that was weird
- That is such a great looking briefcase. I was fearing that thing was going to be pink or something similar but the sharp white is eye-catching. Also stays true to Smackdown color scheme.
- Oh Lana you can boss RuRu around but you can’t do the same with Shane-O-Mac. Also, have her come out in ring gear if she’s going to wrestle soon.
- So who wants to admit that they think Lana might win against Naomi? I’m talking in any shoddy situation. Not a clean finish of course.
- So A.J. can’t win in his hometown (makes sense), so he has to get one back over on Dolph Ziggler.
- The match was fine but this match along with others had top performers but I can’t remember a specific spot from the match.
- Still thinking that they are positioning Styles to be one of the final combatants on a ladder reaching for the briefcase in another week.
Harshing the Mojo
- Hey it’s Mojo Rawley, the last guy to pin……OH MY GOD HE TECHNICALLY DESERVES A TITLE SHOT.
- Of course he’s not going to actually get a title shot. As much as nothing happened for Mojo this week, at least they tried? Right?
- If this is how Mojo’s singles run is going to be, when does Zack Ryder get back? Put the tag straps on those two.
Big names, underwhelming match
- I appreciate Baron Corbin going out of his way to be at a desk talking. He kills it on Talking Smack and he tried to kill Sami Zayn again this week to be on commentary for the main event.
- The match itself was fine, but it was a very tame version of what could have been with those two. WWE is smart not to give that up on free T.V. though.
- I have zero problem with Corbin beating down Nakamura to close the show. Makes Corbin look that much stronger and he’s still the dark horse at Money In The Bank.