This week on Smackdown Live we saw something that the wrestling community has salivated over and the crowning of a “Modern Day Maharaja.”
And now we know who….
- Sound logic coming from Kevin Owens and getting himself inserted into the match on Smackdown Live this week. Like that small caveat going into the match. Motivation creates better stories.
- Think about the last several MITB matches, do any of them match up to this lineup. This is all for one branded show too!
- I get they have to have a former winner to validate the match but wouldn’t it be better to have Luke Harper instead of Ziggler in this case.
Another flukey win, and a vicious beatdown
- So not the biggest fan of this build. Corbin is okay to eat losses, that isn’t the issue but I feel like we’ve already seen this before with Zayn opponents before. It hurts Zayn as much as it hurts Corbin.
- Now here is an interesting idea. Corbin knocks Zayn out from being in MITB and is replaced by a hungry and fresh of negotiating Rusev.
- As long as they don’t make Corbin look too silly, he should be fine and honestly he could be a darkhorse for winning MITB. Shinsuke and Styles are the favorites so far though.
- My goodness what a way to crown a new champion. Wrestlemania level entrance for Jinder Mahal.
- You have to think that the WWE is getting behind more than just a short run for the Maharaja.
- Now begins the speculation. Does he hold the belt until Summerslam? Longer? Until someone cashes in? They’ve done a good job hiding their intentions.
Dream Team vs. Mean Team
- It is a tag team that will never be longterm, but it was a great moment to see Shinsuke Nakamura and A.J. Styles tag together in a WWE ring.
- How great was that locker room exchange between Styles and Nakamura, the whole turning the “House that A.J. Styles built” to “Shinsuke’s Playground” was great.
- That last shot before fade-to-black on Tuesday was impeccable. There is a world-class feud brewing between these two. Who knows, maybe that is in store for Wrestlemania 34.